Suggested weight range
Boat Overall Length
Beam At Waterline
Mould 135 is the first Sykes dedicated lightweight women’s boat. With a length of 7.35m and narrow beam resulting in extremely low drag, this is one of only a few hulls available in the world designed specifically for lightweight women. Importantly, this combination was achieved while improving the stability from our previous singles sculls.
Scullers trialling this boat for the first time typically remark on how stable and comfortable it is to row. This boat has been embraced by athletes ranging from U21 and senior elite lightweight women, right through to Masters categories. Whilst the boat is designed for lightweight women, it can be rowed at a slightly heavier weight into the mid-high 60kgs.
The Mould 135 superseded the Sykes Mould 126L, which was the previous cut down lightweight version of the Mould 26 Heavyweight Women’s/Lightweight Men’s boat. The plug for the Mould 135 was cut in the Sykes Australian factory on our own 5-axis CNC Machine.
Sykes “5K Construction”
- 5K is Sykes very own method of high strength, high stiffness carbon composite construction designed to save weight and increase stiffness. With a Kevlar presence in the footwells, these areas are now more damage resistant from athletes dropping items into the bottom of the boat (i.e. drink bottles).
Sykes innovative ‘5k Bulkhead’ is now available on the new M135 single. As part of the innovative ‘5K construction’ boat design it consists of a new T shaped geometry, increasing the stiffness and rigidity of the bulkhead to achieve better performance and response on the water. Incorporated into the design is the introduction of a two-way vent allowing the bulkhead to breathe. The ‘5k bulkhead’ is only available on the M135.
Moulded Mono Decks
- Sykes mono deck features a state of the art design that not only improves the structure and style of the boat, but significantly improves the overall comfort for the rower. When you row in a Sykes boat, it will feel the same, regardless of what seat you are in!
- Along with pin block measurement tapes standard on all Sykes boats, a centre line is marked on the base of all our pins. This makes it easy to see the centre of the span when measuring. Just one way Sykes makes rigging your boat that little bit easier.
Carbon Bow Mount Rigger (Optional Extra)
- The Sykes Carbon bow mount rigger is the forerunner in rigger construction. Designed by leading Australian engineers, the Sykes rigger is able to deliver the best for any elite athlete. Using prepreg carbon fibre with an advanced bladder moulding technique creates a single seamless rigger with zero joins.
- Corrosion is something all rowers face when looking for long jeopardy of their rowing hulls. That’s why Sykes has integrated titanium fittings, from pins to bushings on its premium carbon bow mount rigger.
- It’s always frustrating when you’re on the water and need to adjust feet height, angle etc. but don’t have a spanner handy. That’s why we made a stretcher where there are no tools required. Designed and manufactured in house, the Sykes stretcher offers the ultimate combination of lightweight, stiff and easy adjustment so you can spend more time training.
If you would like further information about this mould, please contact us.