Suggested weight range
Boat Overall Length
Beam At Waterline
Mould 135 is Sykes’ first dedicated lightweight women’s mould. With a length of 7.35m and a narrow beam that results in extremely low drag, this is one of only a few hulls available in the world that has been designed specifically for lightweight women.
Whilst the hull features a low drag design, we have not compromised on its stability. The advanced design shape enables the rower to be more comfortable and focus less of their energy on balancing the boat and more on going faster.
The 135 boat is designed for lightweight women, however it can be rowed at a slightly heavier weight into the mid-high 60kgs.
Sykes “5K Construction”
- 5K is Sykes very own method of high strength, high stiffness carbon composite construction designed to save weight and increase stiffness. With a Kevlar presence in the footwells, these areas are now more damage resistant from athletes dropping items into the bottom of the boat (i.e. drink bottles).
Sykes innovative ‘5k Bulkhead’ is now available on the new M135 single. As part of the innovative ‘5K construction’ boat design it consists of a new T shaped geometry, increasing the stiffness and rigidity of the bulkhead to achieve better performance and response on the water. Incorporated into the design is the introduction of a two-way vent allowing the bulkhead to breathe. The ‘5k bulkhead’ is only available on the M135.
Moulded Mono Decks
- Sykes mono deck features a state of the art design that not only improves the structure and style of the boat, but significantly improves the overall comfort for the rower. When you row in a Sykes boat, it will feel the same, regardless of what seat you are in!
- Along with pin block measurement tapes standard on all Sykes boats, a centre line is marked on the base of all our pins. This makes it easy to see the centre of the span when measuring. Just one way Sykes makes rigging your boat that little bit easier.
Carbon Bow Mount Rigger (Optional Extra)
- The Sykes Carbon bow mount rigger is the forerunner in rigger construction. Designed by leading Australian engineers, the Sykes rigger is able to deliver the best for any elite athlete. Using prepreg carbon fibre with an advanced bladder moulding technique creates a single seamless rigger with zero joins.
- Corrosion is something all rowers face when looking for longevity of their rowing hulls. That’s why Sykes has integrated titanium fittings, from pins to bushings on its premium carbon bow mount rigger.
- It’s always frustrating when you’re on the water and need to adjust feet height but don’t have a spanner handy. That’s why we produced a stretcher where there are no tools required. Designed in collaboration with Dreher USA, the Sykes V2 stretcher offers the ultimate combination of stiffness, ease of adjustment for heel height, foot splay and stretcher angle, so you can spend more time training.
- Also available now in wider shoe spacing options.
If you would like further information about this mould, please contact us.