Suggested weight range
70 – 85kg
Boat Overall Length
Beam At Waterline
Mould 457 (70-85kg) was developed on the success and popularity of the M422 range, proven winners in the Schoolgirls and boys market. Sykes has further refined the shape and wetted surface to deliver excellent results in this new boat.
Our fifth generation of Quads and Fours retains the stability and low wetted surface area shape and highly regarded ‘feel’ of the M422 but to improve performance. Sykes has narrowed the bow profile of the boat and slightly added more depth through the mid-section. This results in a lower wave drag than its predecessors as well as a fairer (i.e. more slippery) hull shape.
This design is also available for a 85-100kg crew. Learn more about Mould 458 here.
Sykes' new “5K Construction”
- 5K is Sykes' very own method of high strength, high stiffness carbon composite construction designed to save weight and increase stiffness. With a Kevlar presence in the footwells, these areas are now more damage resistant from athletes dropping items into the bottom of the boat (i.e. drink bottles).
Moulded Mono Decks
- Sykes' mono deck features a state of the art design that not only improves the structure and style of the boat, but significantly improves the overall comfort for the rower. When you row in a Sykes boat, it will feel the same, regardless of what seat you are in!
- Along with pin block measurement tapes standard on all Sykes boats, a centre line is marked on the base of all our pins. This makes it easy to see the centre of the span when measuring. Just one way Sykes makes rigging your boat that little bit easier.
Moulded Stern Bulkheads
- We have improved the layup and integration of the stern bulkhead, which now flows smoothly over the stern deck. This improves stiffness and greatly improves the aesthetics of the boat.
Bow Coaming Splash
- We have increased the height of the bow coaming to improve wave taking ability and combine seamlessly into the flange.
- In sweep configuration, all four riggers are the same width. This means you can rig the boat any way you want for bow or stern cox!