Suggested weight range
Beam At Waterline
Mould 139 is Sykes designated Heavyweight Men’s Single Scull designed around a 90kg midpoint.
Following the successful launch of Moulds 137 and 138, Sykes has updated the hull shape of M139 to be in-line with our 5K single scull range. The new shape has improved stability and less drag, and allows for either a bow (carbon) or stern (aluminium) mounted rigger.
The key features of the M139 include:
- Fine entry angles at the bow result in minimal bow wave development.
- A hull shape which has achieved unprecedented levels of stability coupled with very low drag at all speeds.
- A new construction method/lay-up, which includes a combination of Carbon Fibre, Nomex honeycomb and Kevlar.
- Bow mounted carbon fibre rigger or Stern mounted aluminium rigger options
- A new rigger foot for the aluminium rigger.
- New bow and stern deck joins.
All of these new features have contributed to a significant quality, performance and comfort advantage for the end user.
Sykes “5K Construction”
- 5K is Sykes very own method of high strength, high stiffness carbon composite construction designed to save weight and increase stiffness. With a Kevlar presence in the footwells, these areas are now more damage resistant from athletes dropping items into the bottom of the boat (i.e. drink bottles).
Moulded Mono Decks
- Sykes mono deck features a state of the art design that not only improves the structure and style of the boat, but significantly improves the overall comfort for the rower. When you row in a Sykes boat, it will feel the same, regardless of what seat you are in!
- Along with pin block measurement tapes standard on all Sykes boats, a centre line is marked on the base of all our pins. This makes it easy to see the centre of the span when measuring. Just one way Sykes makes rigging your boat that little bit easier.
Moulded Stern Bulkheads
- We have improved the layup and integration of the stern bulkhead, which now flows smoothly over the stern deck. This improves stiffness and greatly improves the aesthetics of the boat.
Sykes offer five different single scull options: Mould 135, Mould 136, Mould 137, Mould 138 and Mould 139. The final digit in each mould number indicates the weight range intended for the boat ie. Mould 139 for a 90+kg athlete. If you would like further information about any of these moulds, please contact us.[powr-popup id=840086f6_1507087141]